January 17, 2012

NYE 2011

So 2011 was filled with lots of ups, downs and in betweens. I think we enjoyed the last day perfectly. I had the day off so it was a mommy daughter fun day.




Sydney and I got ready for an early dinner with my mom at one of Sydney's favorite restaurants mimi's cafe. We took a few photos while waiting for nana to pick us up.




My favorite photo and how I feel most of the time a little overwhelmed but loved.




After dinner we had a relaxing evening in watching our first 3d movie together. It was pretty great and nice we were in our own living room on our own couch with plenty of treats.




No movie is complete without popcorn so we had popcorn to order.... Nacho cheese, Kettle corn and plain with light butter.

We moved to the big stuff after that the bubbly drinks.



As you can see plain champagne won't do for me do we made fancy sugar rimmed NYE drinks.





It may have been a little more to entertain Sydney and keep her from asking is it time yet? But it was fun and took up just enough time. Sydney was just a good helper and loved doing it herself.




Getting our three drinks all ready for the ball to drop. I'll make two notes Sydney's special sparkly drink was actually 7up. Just as bubbly and just as fun as the real "bubbly." Second we celebrated east coast time for new years eve and had our celebration at 9pm California time but midnight New York time. Great idea when you have to get up the next morning or you want to have a few free hours after the celebrating. Sydney was in bed asleep by 9:30. So I think this may become a tradition, family NYE east coast time then mommy time to celebrate how ever I like.


Sydney really, really, really wanted this sparkly shirt for NYE so of course I got it for her. It was a bit scratchy because of all the sparkles and it only lasted about 20 minutes. It did make it in most of the photos though. We let her use all 4 party poppers at "mid night." She is all ready to pop the first one.


My champagne, a little popcorn, a few party blowers and cupcakes with fun NYE and 2012 decorations made for a great NYE.


Sydney not exactly wanting to pose for a photo after the ball drop.



It was a simple and fun no stress kinda evening a perfect way to end the year.




💚 Christa


No comments:

Post a Comment