February 27, 2012

First trip to Laughlin

My boyfriend took me on my very first to trip Laughlin ever. It was January and it was a bit cold and windy so we stayed inside mostly but over all it was a great trip. We meet up with Matt's older brother and wife and some long time friends.
My favorite photos would have to be from the car ride to Laughlin.




How can you not laugh when you see this. It popped up on my phone when I was trying to email something. Made me laugh and I had to take a screen shot of it to remember it. I think it was a van near us.




The view was amazing I didn't realize how wide open it was on the ride out.




My favorite photo of the sunset and I took it on my cell phone, I love how great my iPhone camera is for quick photos like this.




The first day Matt had a headache I think from lack of sleep, water and food so I went to get him some headache meds from the gift shop and this was on the counter.... Made me laugh since he wasn't hung over .... Yet. I didn't get him one but planned to send this photos as a gift to the guys in the pro shop back home. Thought it would would make them laugh too. If they weren't $5 a piece I would have picked up a few but $5 is a drink or a few hands of video poker so a picture was what I decided on.




We stayed at the river palms along the river walk and this was the view from our room pretty nice. It's a nice hotel and I would stay there again.




Matt decided we needed a nice dinner so we went to joes crab shack and he haaaad to have crab. This is his overjoyed smile when it arrived... He loved that they even put a bib on him so he could really enjoy it.




Then he decided we needed to order fancy drinks since it was vacation. So here's the shark bite, one of two fancy drinks Matt ordered for all of us.




Don't worry Matt took the time to enjoy both drinks as well as his great meal.




Matt was mildly celebrating because be thought this ticket was about to be a huge winner.... He picked all the right teams but not the " numbers" or "spread" or what ever it is. So sad to say no money won on this even though all the right teams were picked.




We did see a fun paddle boat going down the river from our window. Fun little photo of the boat very slowing paddling by.




Have no fear I was a big winner! $100.00 isn't that much but it was towards the end of the trip and I put my last $5 for gambling money in and turned it into $100. Let's just say I was overjoyed and the fact that I was able to play on the $5 for hours and still walk away with $100. It was a great win to me.




On the drive back Matt drive me right past the Hoover Dam so
I could see it, my first time seeing the Hoover Dam even if it was just to get cheaper gas. Nice "scenic" stop on the way home and only a few minutes out of the way.




The weather on the drive back was nothing like the drive out. It was freezing cold, windy, raining and tons of fog. At certain points I was sure we would have to pull off and just wait but we slowly made it thought and just in time to pick Sydney up from school. I had a blast and can't wait to go back hopefully sooner than later and hopefully we all will win big next time.
💚 Christa

1 comment: