January 14, 2012

Slip n slide all by herself

So one nice warm afternoon not too long ago ( late November maybe even December) Sydney decided she wanted to get out her slip n slide. I told her it wasn't that warm and maybe she should wait. Well my little determined kiddo went for it herself. Next thing I know she is dressed in her swimsuit and struggling to untangle the slip n slide all by her self.






She finally got it all set up and I turned the hose on just right for her. Her victory slide, she was so excited.


She was so tired after setting it up she stood and watched the water for a good 5 minutes before attempting her 2nd and 3rd slide. Then stood just like this and decided " that's good, I'm done." Adorable to see her so determined and to figure it out all on her own, then after almost a half hour of struggling setting it up 2 minutes of sliding on it was enough. She wasn't as pleased to take it down. She pulled it off the grass and folded it over and said "there" and walked away. She was cold and wet so I let her get away with it but that means mommy gets to put it where she wants .... In a secret hiding spot till summer. It's still in the high 70s some days here in Cali but I think this will be the last slide till at least April or May.

- Christa

No comments:

Post a Comment